Blue Grass Farms Charities Soccer Tournament
4321 Kenny Lane, Lexington, KY
June 9-16, 2018
Presenting Sponsor Dixiana Farms
Team Tournament Details
- With 10 teams competing in the tournament, we will be conducting the tournament as more of a pool play format versus the traditional bracket.
- All teams are guaranteed 2 games. After the 1st and 2nd games are complete, 4 teams will advance to the “Final Four” based on the following criteria:
Overall record, then goal differential, then goals scored, and finally goals against.
For example, teams that finish 2-0 would move forward ahead of 1-1 teams. If more than 4 teams are 2-0 then the next tiebreaker would be teams with the greatest goal differential, and so on.
- We ask that all teams have their players at the field 30 minutes prior to the scheduled game time to get their jerseys and be ready for their scheduled game time.
- Please emphasize with your players that we expect good sportsmanship and fair play. This is a charity soccer tournament and the officials are donating their time to officiate the games. Rough play and bad sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
- All players must be at least 18 years old to participate, no exceptions this rule is because of our insurance policy.
- We ask that players do not play for more than one team during the tournament.
- All players must fill out a waiver form and turn into the BGFC tent in order to get a shirt and participate. Forms and jerseys will be available at the tent prior to game time. The waiver form is attached if you would like to have your players fill them out ahead of time. They can bring the completed forms to the BGFC tent to receive their tshirts.
- The format will remain the same; 9 versus 9 with (2) 30 minute halves per game. Ties will be broken with penalty kicks.
Updated schedule as of 6.14.18:
Congratulations to Ashford Stud and Ramsey Farm for moving on to the championship of the Dixiana/BGFC soccer tournament! Please note the game time has been changed and will start promptly at 6pm!
Updated Tournament Schedule/Standings after last night’s games:
The complete schedule for the tournament is as follows:
Sat June 9th-
Game 1- 2:30pm Dixiana vs Rood & Riddle (Rood & Riddle 4 Dixiana 2)
Game 2- 4:00pm Millenium vs Ashford Stud (Ashford Stud 11 Millenium 0)
Game 3- 5:30pm St George/Blackwood vs Three Chimneys (Three Chimneys 2 St George/Blackwood 1)
Game 4- 7:00pm Ramsey vs Taylor Made (Ramsey 4 Taylor Made 1)
Sun June 10th-
Game 5- 2:30pm Dixiana vs Millenium (Dixiana 10 Millenium 1)
Game 6- 4:00pm Rood & Riddle vs Ashford Stud (Ashford Stud 4 Rood & Riddle 0)
Mon June 11th-
Game 7- 5:30pm Three Chimneys vs Lanes End (Lanes End 6 Three Chimneys 3)
Game 8- 7:00pm Taylor Made vs Juddmonte (Juddmonte 2 Taylor Made 0)
Tues June 12th-
Game 9- 5:30pm Lanes End vs Juddmonte (Lanes End 5 Juddmonte 0)
Game 10- 7:00pm Ramsey vs St George/Blackwood (Ramsey 4 St George/Blackwood 2)
Final Four Games-Wed June 13th
Game 11- 5:30pm Ashford vs Dixiana (Ashford 2 Dixiana 1)
Game 12- 7:00pm Lanes End vs Ramsey (Ramsey 3 Lanes End 2)
Championship Game Sat June 16th-
Game 13- 6pm Ashford vs Ramsey